The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
How do I dispute an invoice?
Created on 2020-05-08 12:24:01; Last updated on 2020-11-30 19:00:11
This article explains how to dispute an invoice received from a seller and how this status change reflects on the approval workflow.
Before learning how to dispute an invoice, it is necessary to understand the difference between the rejected and the disputed status of an invoice. There are two aspects to take into account:
- Accepting and rejecting are the final steps in the approval workflow undergone by an invoice, from the moment you receive an invoice and it is assigned for processing. When you reject an invoice, it returns to the seller with the rejected status and it can no longer be used for payment requests.
- Disputed is a document state which you can select on an invoice to inform the seller that there are issues with the invoice in question. The action of disputing an invoice has no impact on the approval workflow, and the invoice can be used after the disputed issues are resolved.
Steps to dispute an invoice
Note that the disputing feature is available for admin roles and for accounts payable roles. How it works:
- Open the Document Manager app (or the Task Manager app) and find the invoice you want to dispute. Details on the Document Manager search features are available here.
- Click the document ID to open the invoice.
- On the open invoice, select the Options button at the top right, and then select Change document status, on the side panel displayed.
- On the options panel displayed, select Dispute, and then add a message to the seller, in the Reason field, which is a mandatory field.
- After you add the reason for dispute, select the Change status button, at the bottom of the panel. You are redirected to the invoice view and the invoice changes status from Received to Disputed.
- (Optional) To discuss with the invoice sender, select the Open collaboration menu, at the bottom left of the invoice, and then select External conversation.
Once a resolution is determined, retake steps 1-3, select Resolve dispute on the options panel, and then the Change status button, at the bottom of the panel.
2 people found this helpful.